Joan Courtney – Having over 30 years of experience, Joan Courtney, Unstuck Living Pro! is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP practitioner and is proficient in EMDR protocol. She specializes in PTSD and throughout her practice, has worked with veterans and others affected by symptoms of PTSD related to fire, earthquakes and physical/sexual abuse. Once trust is gained, her clients often refer spouses, other family members and friends to help live with these challenging symptoms. PTSD-anon clients have often given her credit for saving friendships, familial relationships and marriages.
Shame: The Universal Emotion
Shame is intertwined with our clients’ lives in many subtle ways. It can stop positive progress in its tracks. Shame can morph into addiction, trauma, depression, bullying, eating disorders and even more. It can color client perspectives with avoidance and warp lifestyles with rage and sadness.
In this workshop you will learn:
* How to identify shame
* The difference between shame and guilt
* What the roots of shame are
* Why it’s important for you, the therapist to do your own work around shame
* The Three Shame Shield patterns of behavior
* 4 ways to stop the downward spiral of shame
* How to replace shame with engaging self-compassion
This workshop is interactive, practical and hands on. At the end of the session, you will be armed with the skills to handle this elusive, degrading emotion.